Difference between revisions of "Audio Tuner"
Revision as of 01:32, 28 December 2017
Musical instrument out of tune?
Audio Tuner is a free chromatic instrument tuner. Play your instrument into your computer's microphone and Audio Tuner will tell you the frequency being played. Select the note to tune it to and Audio Tuner will tell you if you are too flat or too sharp. This is applicable to guitars, ukuleles, pianos, and any other musical instrument you'd care to name.
Here's an action screenshot.
- You need a microphone connected to your computer, or be able to connect your musical instrument directly into the computer. Need a microphone? Get a Logitech USB Microphone from Amazon
- This software is designed for Microsoft Windows. Have a Mac?
Run the downloaded software to install it on your PC.
Maintaining and supporting Audio Tuner takes time and effort. If Audio Tuner has benefited you, please purchase the software. What you get:
- Lifetime upgrades to the software
- Unlimited online support
1st option: Write a hit song and dedicate it to Audio Tuner. Suggested lyric: "I couldn't have kept my guitar in tune without Supernifty's Audio Tuner!"
Not only will you blessed with an inordinate amount of karma, you will be helping support bug fixes and enhancements to the Supernifty software that you use.
Help and Documentation
If you are having problems or want to learn more, try the following:
If you have an instrument which isn't on Audio Tuner, I'm happy to add it. Just send me the name of the instrument, along with the list of notes required to tune it. You need to be specific with the notes - give me a frequency, or which octave on the piano it corresponds to.
- Bass Guitar
- Chapman stick
- Mountain dulcimer
You may be interested in assisting with the development
Audio Tuner is licensed under a Creative Commons agreement. Basically this license means the software can only be redistributed in unmodified form.
If you want to use it for something else, just ask.
18-sep-11 Version 1.7
- Charango tuning added
- Support for Dutch language
- Concert pitch support
- Performance improvements
3-apr-11 Version 1.6
- Tahitian ukulele tuning added
- Alternative bass tunings - 5-string, drop D, drop C, low B
- Tuning for 8 course renaissance lute
- Better tone generation for low frequencies
- Improved spectrum analysis accuracy
- Color coding for at a glance tuning
2-aug-10 Version 1.4
- spectrum display now shows correctly for all regions and locales
14-jul-10 Version 1.3
- viola tuning re-added
18-jun-10 Version 1.2
- auto note picker - hands free tuning
- alternate guitar tunings added
- alternate banjo tunings added
- chapman stick tunings added
- mountain dulcimer tunings added
19-jul-09 Version 1.1
- viola tuning added
27-nov-08 Version 1.0
- addition of pitch analysis for quicker tuning
- better signal strength measurement
21-jul-08 Version 0.9
- added new ukulele tunings: low G, D tuning, D tuning with low A.
- fixed upgrade window to work properly in Windows Vista.
19-may-2008 Version 0.8
- remember the last note tuned
- option to automatically pick the note being tuned
- baritone ukulele tuning added
14-mar-2008 Version 0.7
- improved the check for updates page
- automatically check for updates on startup
21-Feb-2008 Version 0.6
- added cello tuning
- remember instrument
- use arrow keys to change note
31-Jan-2008 Version 0.5
- added mandolin, autoharp tunings
- only show incoming signal when requested
20-Jan-2008 Version 0.4
- added banjo, bass guitar tunings
- high resolution option
- listen to target note option
9-Jan-2008 Version 0.3
- added violin and piano tunings
- launch application when finished installing
- ensure application not running when upgrading
- corrected identification of secondary peaks
7-Jan-2008 Version 0.2
- Improved UI layout
- Improved range selection
- Avoid 50hz in calculations
6-Jan-2008 Version 0.1
- Initial release
- Noise reduction