What is MemShot?
Turbocharge your learning with Supernifty's free learning software. Great for memorizing new languages, facts and figures, names and faces, stuff for exams and anything else you'd like to remember!
MemShot greatly reduces the amount of effort required to memorize new facts by providing directed, efficient rote learning.
What are Flashcards?
Flashcards are a commonly used method for learning simple facts. Before computers, they were pieces of paper with a question on one side and an answer on the back.
Flashcards are widely used as an effective memorization tool and utilize active recall to train the mind.
What is Spaced Repetition?
Spaced Repetition is a system for deciding how often a flashcard should be reviewed. The goal is typically to review a fact just before you are about to forget it.
Done properly, Spaced Repetition is a very efficient learning method and can greatly reduce the amount of effort required to memorize a large number of facts.
The world memory champion Dominic O'Brien uses a spaced repetition system based on review periods of 2 hours, 1 day, 1 week, 1 month and 3 months.1
MemShot is a simple, free and easy to use spaced repetition system to help you remember important facts.
- MemShot is free.
- MemShot is simple and easy to use.
- MemShot is online - practice anywhere.
To share one of your learning sets, click on the pencil next to "Private" to share it.
To browse public learning sets, click More learning sets.
Export and import your learning sets
The MemShot Importer can add many items at once, including from Anki. See below for more detailed instructions.
Track your progress
MemShot keeps track of how well your learning is progressing.
Find items that are causing you trouble
Email reminders to keep yourself motivated and on track
MemShot can remind you if you forget to practice.
MemShot also sends out a weekly update of your progress to mastery.
Try the timed challenge
MemShot includes different learning methods to keep you on your toes and maximize your recall.
MemShot is getting better
MemShot is being actively developed - there's so much more to come! Let us know if you'd like to see a feature.
If there's something you want to remember, add it to MemShot. Spaced Repetition is one of the best known methods for committing something permanently to memory.
Start learning with MemShot.
MemShot organises facts into learning sets - groups of facts you wish to remember - but to start with, you won't have any learning sets.
Create a learning set
There are two ways to create a new learning set:
- Add a new item with "Create a new set..." selected; or
- Find an existing learning set that someone else has shared.
- Click on "Practice" or "Practice All".
Before you can start learning, you need some facts to learn.
- Go to the "Add new item" box.
- Enter a "question" and an "answer"
- If you are creating a new learning set, give the set a descriptive name.
- "Add reverse as a question as well" - do you want to be asked the "answer" as a question?
- "Question Style" - do you want to be required to type in the correct answer, or will you just tell the system if you remembered the answer?
Adding Multiple Items
If you want to add a large number of items, use file upload. The file must be in CSV format. Most spreadsheet software can export as CSV.
- The first column must be the question, the second column must be the answer.
Importing from Anki
Anki is a popular flashcard system. Now you can use your Anki flashcard decks with MemShot.
To import your Anki file into MemShot:
- Visit MemShot importer
- MemShot importer requires your Anki .apkg file.
- Set the other options on the import, such as the name of the set.
- Click "Add Items"
- Voilà! You can now start learning your Anki decks with MemShot!
The Anki import feature is new - feedback is welcome - and currently has the following limitations:
- Images and sounds are not imported, it's text only. (We're working on this!)
- Any special formatting of the text (e.g. colours, fonts) is not imported.
If you have suggestions or ideas for improving Anki import, please get in touch.
Need more details? Read the announcement
If you have any questions, suggestions or problems, please contact us
1From Dominic O'Brien's book: You Can Have An Amazing Memory